Finnish techno duo BuRu — brothers Mikko and Ilkka — craft the sort of deep techno the world could use a lot more of. Brandishing a sound that’s tailored for sweaty warehouse parties, their modus operandi harkens back to a time when DJs worked dance floors into a frenzy from the shadows of the DJ booth instead of from a stage illuminated by spotlights and pyrotechnics.
On the pair’s exclusive Big Shot Guest Mix, they pay little attention to release dates, building their session with bespoke cuts that were released as far back as 2010. The result is a flawless effort featuring tracks from Marcel Dettmann, Rasmus Hedlund, Scuba, Developer and Adriana Lopez. Listen to their session below and get a taste of BuRu’s many incredible flavors.
BuRu’s Fitting The Pattern EP is out now on Konstruktiv.
Big Shot Guest Mix: BuRu
- Marcel Dettmann – “Apron” (PAS The Rhythm Remix) (MDR)
- DU LAC, Paul – “Spank” (Techno Mix) (Bio Rhythm)
- Rasmus Hedlund – “Cock Blocking Beats” (Etherwerks)
- Hannu Ikola – “Mystery Object” (Etherwerks)
- Claudio Prc – “Diving Point” (Rossella Dark Room Remix) (Elettronica Romana)
- BuRu – “Modern Primitive” (Morso remix) (Cräk Audio)
- Scuba – “Black on Black” (Hotflush)
- Kitkatone – “Temporal Advice” (Original Mix) (Arts)
- Developer – “Mover Of The Mercury” (Modularz)
- Adriana Lopez – “Preface” (Original Mix) (Grey Report)
- Blawan – “Tuesday’s March” (Original) (Frozen Border)
- Audio Injection – “Outburst” (Original Mix) (Blank Code)
- Inigo Kennedy – “Winter” (Original Mix) (Token)